I recently saw a feature on The Covetuer and it got me thinking what are some of my favourite inexpensive beauty products? (And of course now I can’t find the feature…) So after thinking about it here are some of mine!
- Cocoa butter lotion– I started using this lotion during my pregnancy and let me tell you it’s pretty awesome! It’s super light weight and super cheap. Not to mention it last a really long time, and I’m only on my second bottle.
- Nievea Creme – I picked up a .99 tin from the local drugstore over the winter and fell in love. This is a creme I’ve wanted to try for many, many years now, and I am so glad that I did! You can snag the large tins from Amazon between 7.99 and 12.99, depending on the sellers.
- Not You’re Mother’s – I have been loving and using this brand’s dry shampoo and hairspray for several years now, both products smell amazing and work incredibly well!
- John Freida Beach Waves – By far my favourite wave enhancing spray, it smells like the original Beach Blonde, and works just the same! Get a little nostalgic for those of you who remember the 90s version!
- Neutragena makeup remover wipes – By far the cheapest, best quality wipes, and I have used several different brands, these reign supreme!
- Dove Beauty Bar – By far the best “not soap soap”, I use it daily, it’s even moisturizing enough to shave your legs with, because who the hell wants to deal with shaving cream? Most of the time I get about 10 minutes actually in the shower and the rest of my bathroom time is applying my lotions and potions, and combing my way too long hair.
- Dove deodorant – I have been using this brand for several years, I tend to stick with the Original Clean or Powder scents. But every now and again I change it up with the cucumber or pomegranate scent.
- Rosebud Salve – I have been using this for several years, it’s just awesome! I love the way it smells, the consistency, and the longevity of the product… I mean it was created in the 1800s, talk about staying power, I use it at night and it keeps my lips hydrated and soft, especially through the harsh winter months.
- St. Ives Apricot Scrub – I have been using this face scrub on and off for as long as I can remember. I’ll use it once or twice a week all over to really exfoliate, the rest of the time it’s a mild face wash and my Clarisonic.
- Just drinking water – I have been drinking water all day everyday for as long as I can remember… Long before I started to read teen magazines that barked at me to drink eight eight ounce glasses a day. I have a water bottle on my desk at work, one next to my workstation at home, one in my purse, and one next to my bed. I like everyone have good and bad days, but water is always my first choice to quench my thirst.
This was an easy feature to write, too often I am praising high end items that promise to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, zap acne and reduce scarring, and moisturize and leave your skin glowing. And these are some no frills budget friendly options that won’t break the bank and deliver exactly what they were designed to do. And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Valerie by Amy Winehouse
Following suit from last year I thought I would share some of my favourite beauty from 2017. Which for me was a year of using up a lot of my stash and only rebuying what worked well for me. I’ve been focusing more on skincare, again my needs are shifting. My main concerns are dryness and anti-aging. I have some sun spots, some fine lines and the occasional blemishes. Here are some of the products that I tried this year.
Boscia Black Luminizing Mask – This is the second Boscia product that I’ve tried. I really like it. I will typically use this mask in conjunction with my Fresh Rose Mask. I like that it makes my skin feel smoother and firmer.
Fresh Rose Mask – I’ve used this mask on and off for the past few years. I find that it really helps calm my skin down when it is irritated.
Tony Moly Sheet Masks – I love, love, love these sheet masks, there is one for every concern. My favourite in the skin purifying and the strawberry nose pack.
Clinique Mascara – Since I have let go my Diorshow obsession due to the price point I have fallen for this mascara. I have tried so many mascaras over the past few years that have ranged in price and quality. This one is by far the best. It doesn’t run or flake, it stays put all day.
Tweezerman tweezers – I waited a long time before I finally invested in a set of high quality tweezers. They have a great weight to them and they are sharp as hell. I won’t need to sharpen them any time soon.
Drinking a shit ton of water – I am usually very good about keeping up on my fluid intake, but it’s easier said than done. One of my employees bought me a new water bottle for Christmas, so now I really have no excuse.
2018 will be a year to try new skin care, drink more water, and try to loose some weight. I’m looking forward to the year ahead, and there is a lot to look forward to! J’s really good friend is getting married, I’m going to turn 30 this year and our Little Girl is officially in toddler territory! And on that note it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Bel Air by LDR
Happy New Year! I have to apologize for my unintentional hiatus. Things have been a little rougher than I would have liked. There have been a lot of things going on in my life that have caused so much stress, time, and energy that I haven’t really had a lot of time to sit and blog or write anything in general.
So the end of the year has come with some birthdays, our Little Girl is over a year… Where that hell did all the time go? We had some holidays, she really enjoyed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
So I’m easing myself back into this blogging thing… I’m hoping to post a couple times a week. I’m hoping to work on some interesting things this year. 2017 wasn’t a very productive year for blogging. I think my mood has had a lot to do with that. I feel like I may have had some postpartum depression, which is something that I have to work on and make some changes.
I’m starting small for January, I want to eat healthier (even though boxed mac and cheese is TDF), I want to start a simple yet effective exercise routine (I am super lazy these days, yet I also want to loose the last 20 pounds of baby weight) , I want to pay off some debt… You know all the minor adjustments for big picture changes. But I have to be accountable and I have to work at it.
Now that it’s mid month I figured I had better post something… Or you guys might think I may have disappeared… I have a few ideas for the next few months, I just hope that I have enough spare time to work on them all! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Forget December by Something Corporate
This month’s playlist is a little indulgent considering more than a few of these songs were mentioned before on previous playlists! But this is my blog and my playlist and if I want to recycle a few songs who can stop me? This one starts off like Stairway to Heaven, calm cool and mostly collected, a hauntingly beautiful voice building, calculated in the ascend to harder, faster, and stronger vocal and music, only to end up rocking the fuck out! There’s some 90s nostalgia, some early 00s EMO, a bitchin’ classic rock gem, and of freaking course some LDR!
- Sex and Candy – Marcy Playground
- Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley
- Ape Dos Mil – Glassjaw
- Cherry Waves – The Deftones
- Breakfast in America – Supertramp
- Little Razor Blade – The Pink Spiders
- Beating Heart Baby- Head Automatica
- Put me in a Movie – LDR
- Godzilla – Kesha
- Head First for Halos – My Chemical Romance
- Drunk Girl – Something Corporate
- New York City Speed – Kill Hannah
- Summer of Sam – LDR
- Jude Law and a Semester Abroad- Brand New
- Your Boyfriend Sucks – The Ataris
This is probably one of the better mixes I’ve created in a long time, in high school I would name my mixes and since then my favourite was one I called Pop Rocks and Coke, mainly for the Green Day song, and this one, I think we are going with the number one, 90s gem Sex and Candy… All of these songs are super awesome, it’s just a really cool mix. And I am love, love, loving Godzilla these days, it’s just a super cool song, about falling in love with Godzilla, like that’s not the coolest thing that’s happened this year? I’ve been listening to a lot of Glassjaw again, I don’t really know why but it’s like it’s my job. Worship and Tribute is such a great record, it’s a shame they only released one other record. Anyway, give this one a go, it’s super rad! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Little Razor Blade by The Pink Spiders
It’s official, in a few short days I will have entered the last year of my twenties… 29, it seems like one of those “nothing good happens” ages, but I won’t know until I get there. So I decided to come up with a little wish list, since becoming a mother late last year I only buy things for myself that I need so any type of splurge is a treat!
- Virgo tee – J. Crew did a line of zodiac tees and I am lusting after the Virgo one (obviously, bonus points if you read that in Snape’s voice, #majordork), I’m it say’s exactivist, which for those of you who know a thing or two about the zodiac, it’s so fitting.
- Karl Lagerfeld x Vans – The line is dropping soon, and I am so excited, I’ve loved Lagerfeld’s work for a long time, and I grew up on the beach, Vans were a staple of shore life.
- Bad Bitch pallet – MAC announced a few pallets recently and the coolest one is the Bad Bitch, the colours are awesome, the name is awesome, and who wouldn’t want that?
I kept it short this year, I don’t really need a lot these are just some things that it would be nice to have. I’ll probably pick up the Virgo tee once it goes on sale, and I may be able to squeeze some extra money out of the budget to pick up a bithcin’ new pair of Vans! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Head First for Halos by My Chemical Romance