As the summer winds down we start to think of Autumn, and for some school. Not that this is something I consciously think about, although with this post I realized I have not been school shopping in ten years. And can I just say, it is crazy to believe that I started my senior year of high school in 2006.
I am however, all about A/W fashion, new notebooks, and big bags to hold it all. Over the next few weeks I am going to share my top picks to make the 2016-2017 school year the best year yet, whether your in high school or college.
I will start this off with stationary. When I was a student I was all about composition books, they are classic, easy and inexpensive. Now they come in more patterns and colours than ever. And any 90s girl remembers Lisa Frank stationary. From trapper keepers to folders, pencil cases, and stickers, there was a character for everyone, and man, were they cute! I also almost exclusively write in pen, and have since about the sixth of seventh grade. I am a black ink gal, and I always have been. I feel it’s easier for filling out forms, and the like.
- Notebooks – Here and Here
- Stickies – Here
- Pens – Here and Here
- Pencils – Here You know for those standardized tests and when teachers are really particular, you know in the not treating you as a person kind of way…
- Binders – Here
- Bags – Here and Here As a kid I was more into the messenger bag scene, but these bags are really adorable. And now that I think about it, way more practical.
Writing the post makes my feel incredibly old. Even more, because at the bank I open a lot of accounts for kids who never had bank accounts before. And they are so young, it makes me think about my high school days. And how even 14-15 years ago it was very different for me than it is for kids now. Stay tuned for some A/W fashions and a more in depth look at bag options! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: The Calendar Hung Itself by Bright Eyes
I know, I know I am boring everyone to death over my love of sweaters. But this time we are doing something a little different! December means a couple of things: winter is coming, Christmas, Festivus, and this year offensive red cups. It also means ugly Christmas sweaters. Whether you prefer a Fair Isle, something on the cheeky side, or a DIY project you really can’t go wrong! Here are my top picks this season.
These sweaters are so fun! I’m really loving the ninja gingerbread men, too cute! What better way to spread holiday cheer than by making a fool of yourself? #BeMerry And on that note, it’s time to end.
All for now,
Title from: Christmas Song by Bedlight For Blue Eyes
It’s the end of September and that means it’s time to share some of my favourite things! As always this month was incredibly busy, much busier that usual. I feel as though I barely accomplished what I wanted too. Anyway, without further ado, my favourite things…
1. Fall TV is back – All of my favourite shows have either started up again or they will be shortly. Castle and Gotham are probably the two I was most excited about. Doctor Who started out with a very surprising bang as well. And as always there are some new shows I’ve been waiting for like Limitless and Scream Queens. Stay tuned, this is going to be a great season!
2. It’s sweater weather – OMG, I wait for this all year long. I was hoping to get a few new ones, but J always hovers over my laptop the moment I start to shop, telling me that I don’t need anymore sweaters. What he doesn’t know, is that they are all different, whether it’s the style, material, or weight. I managed to score three new sweaters thanks to the J.Crew clearance, I went with men’s styles this time, because the colours were great, the styles classic, and the prices were fantastic. I do own over fifty sweaters, that’s 5-0, but who cares, no big deal, I want more! In reality I’m just on the hunt for a white 3/4 sleeve cardi and a long sleeve black pull over. And then I should be set for a while.
3. Nars Orgasm lip gloss – I’m not normally a gloss person, but this is to die for. It’s the perfect peachy pink shade with a hint of shimmer. It’s just sticky enough, with out clumping and being gross. I find that it pairs well with Makeup Forever No. 9 which I am currently wearing out!
I kept the list pretty short this month. I’ve been so busy that I have hardly had a chance to enjoy anything long enough to talk about anything. And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day