June was a pretty good month overall, J had his birthday, our little girl seven months! And Summer officially started, so today I am sharing some of my favourite things!
- Alex Pop! by Funko – J and I have a slight issue with Funko products, mainly the Pop!s, but I mean how can you not? They are just too stinking cute. I recently acquired Alex, for those not in the know he is the main character of the book and film A Clockwork Orange. Basically he is a functioning sociopath hopped up on Miloko, seeking Ultra-Violence (yes, that’s where LDR got her album title from), and singing show tunes in the rain. This Pop! is probably my favourite, he sits on my desk at work and only 2 or 3 people have gotten the reference. He is temporarily out of stock at Entertainment Earth where I primarily get these sort f things, but I’ve seen lots at Toys R Us and Barnes and Noble.
- Beauty and the Beast (2017) – This has to be my favourite film of 2017, and I think I can come out and say it since the year is half over. There hasn’t been a movie in recent memory that I have been more excited to see and enjoyed so much. You can check my review of the film (here).
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask – I got this face mask from my last Sephora order and I waited to use it, I wanted to finish my GlamGLOW SuperMUD first, that mask started to not work so well for me. So I was looking for something different and I like the Boscia brand. This mask is super cool because after it dries you peel it off!
- Sundress weather – Now that it’s officially summer my sundresses have been in heavy rotation. I’m also still on my maxi dress kick! A dress is so easy for S/S and since becoming a mom I need easy!
- J. Crew Martie pant – Recently MIL took me shopping as a gift for my first official Mother’s Day and because she forgot my birthday (which I totally forgave her). I really needed to get some new clothes for work, because a lot of my pants and more fitted clothes still do not fit appropriately. I picked up two pairs of this style back in May and I have been living in them! I already had a pair from my pre-pregnancy days and I’m glad I picked up cloud grey and black. Right now select colours are on sale.
It’s hard to believe that June is over… Where the hell is this year going? Our Little Girl will be 8 months next week, Summer is in full effect, work is crazy and won’t stop anytime soon. Here’s to July and some sparklers and streamers! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Oh Say Can You See by LDR
Summer is starting to really wind down, I know, I know, it’s so sad, but it’s so incredibly true. So I thought I might share some of my favourite Doo Wop hits. Doo Wop music was really great, it’s a genre that most people my age would never listen to, but with my love of Grease, Shag, Mad Men and just the 1950s and 1960s, it’s no wonder I am a fan!
- Come and Go With Me -Dion
- Under the Boardwalk -The Drifters
- Be My Little Baby -The Ronnetts
- Stagger Lee -Lloyd Price
- Stand by Me -Ben E. King
- Wonderful World -Sam Cooke
- The Wanderer -Dion
- Sherry Baby -The Four Seasons
- One Fine Day -The Chiffons
- Sixty Minute Man -Billy Ward and the Dominoes
I have been listening to Doo Wop heavily for about two years now, I even have a Pandora station! It’s good old American and so many of the songs are still really great today! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Under the Boardwalk by The Drifters
In addition to reaching the 300 post mark, August brings Breakfast @ Kiki’s third year! And boy, oh boy what a year it has been! J and I are waiting for our little girl to finally arrive, and preparing for her has been no easy task! My twenty-eighth birthday is next month… Which is totally blowing my mind! I can’t believe I have been doing this for three years. It feels like it was just yesterday.
Over the next few months I anticipate sporadic posts. I know I’m going to be consumed by my new role as a new mother. There is so much that I have never experienced in regards to babies, let alone newborns and I know there will be an adjustment period.
Then before we know it the holidays will be upon us. The rest of the year will be host to so many firsts. We just have to get through the rest of the Summer, which by the way, this is the first time in my life I have wanted to rush through the Summer. It has been so brutally hot and humid in my neck of the woods that I just can’t deal with the heat for much longer.
In other pregnancy news I have like five ensembles that still fit me, I am at 29 nine weeks, which means she is about 2 1/2 pounds, and like 15ish inches… And that means we have about 11 weeks to go… What?! Saying that hardly seems right, or real, but it is…
There really isn’t that much else going on, I’m waiting to hear the results of my glucose test. That was fun, I had to drink this really gross extra sugary stuff and then sit in the waiting room of the lab for an hour. Then I had five vials of blood taken. I’m pretty sure by the time all of my testing has been done during my pregnancy, there will have been more blood taken than I will have left. I visit the doctor next this week, and apparently now that I’m in my third trimester my appointments need to be more frequent. And on that note it’s time to end.
All for now,
Title from: Simple Kind of Life by No Doubt
Last week Breakfast at Kiki’s shared it’s 300th post. Which is pretty damn awesome considering I feel as though I’ve hardly posted anything over the past few months. But hey, I’ve been one busy lady growing this tiny human and all…
In the past eight months or so since my last milestone post (200, which you can check out here) so much in my life has changed. In March I started as Head Teller in a new Branch with the bank. And my Manager/Supervisor and Staff are awesome. I am so glad that I made the move to the Bank, and although so much is changing there it’s really all for the best and were moving in a great direction as a branch and a financial institution. Two weeks before I became Head Teller I found out that I was expecting. Having a child wasn’t on the agenda for at least another year, but it wasn’t unwelcome either. And even though my pregnancy over all hasn’t been to bad, it has taken a lot out of me. So that was my March!
The rest of the spring and summer have been very much a blur, so much is going on and a lot of it is not going smoothly. But that can be how life is sometimes. And as my pregnancy has progressed I feel like I am running out of time. There is still so much to do before baby girl arrives! We still need to work on the nursery, make sure that we have everything set up for when she arrives, and it might be a good idea to decide on a name.
There is so much that I want for my daughter. And I never could have imagined that you could love some one so much, without ever having met them. J and I talk all the time about what we want for her and it’s crazy to think that in about three months we will finally get to met her. I can’t help but wonder what the next few months hold… Here’s to the next 100 posts! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Lavender by Marillion
So I lied, I’ve been away… And I have been feeling really guilty about it. But this pregnancy is pretty much kicking my ass… I’ve never felt so tired, achy, hungry, nauseous, and a big mess all at once ever in my life. And it’s been keeping me from accomplishing just about anything.
Now that I am well into my second trimester (the half way mark hits next week!) I am still experiencing some not so great symptoms. Like I gag every time I brush my teeth. I am getting severe headaches that don’t seem to go away. I get super nauseous still too! I’m hoping that will subside soon. My belly has officially arrived, which I feel a little weird about. My regular pants officially can no longer button. Luckily I found a nifty trick with a hair tie to keep them up.
We still have to finish fixing up the nursery, finish registering for baby stuff (which is super tedious I might add), and start to talk seriously about what we might want to name this tiny human I’m currently growing. Some previous top contenders I’m no longer really loving. But the aforementioned to dos will be so much easier once we find out what type of human we can anticipate arriving.
So we should be finding out what we are having some time next week, or maybe the week after. I’m really excited to find out, I’ve always said that I would want to know. I know a lot of people, my parents included who didn’t find out. But knowing my family and friends if I don’t tell them I will end up with a bunch of gender neutral stuff that I can’t match to my ensembles. So that poses the question would you find out what you are having given the opportunity? And on that note, it’s time to end.
All for now,
Title from: Rainy Girl by Andrew McMahon
I have mentioned numerous times that my childhood was spent by the beach. And it was one of my favourite experiences. I was at the beach from sun up to sun down, almost all year round. During the Summer months I took pride in my killer tan (which I now seriously regret!), and my crazy wavy I literally spent all day at the beach hair. You know, that piece-y, wavy, just the right amount of texture, that can’t be replicated easily –without a million products.
So I thought why not share my favourite sea salt and texture sprays from over the years. For those days when taking a swim in the ocean is not an option, but you totally want to rock that “beach bum chic” look.
- John Frieda Beach Blonde Ocean Waves – This spray was my jam in middle school! It was the only hair product that enhanced my wavy hair, that I didn’t fully understand how to control until my twenties. It looked like I had spent all day at the beach, and I thought I looked effortlessly cool. It smelled like coconut and sun screen, my favourite scents at the time.
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray – Flash forward to 2008, I’m twenty, working and starting to enter the world of high end makeup and hair care. This spray feels more like a texture spray than a wave enhancer, which I didn’t realize when I bought it initially. But once I learned how to use it, I was hooked. I typically use it to add texture to my hair after I curled it.
- Living Proof Instant Texture Mist – I discovered this spray in 2015, you know the year I made Rouge in April… I had been using B&B Surf Spray for years at this point and been mainly happy with it. But when I tried this after I chopped my hair really short I reached for this spray time and time again. This spray made me feel like I finally achieved that effortless, “devil may care” attitude that I had so coveted in middle school. Oh, how I missed Ocean Waves…
- Drybar Mai Tai Spritzer – I have been loving this brand since I discovered it in 2014. From my Buttercup blow dryer, my curling iron to this spray. This was one more product that I fell in love with.
My journey through texture spray has been a long one. I still have bottles of all four. Depending on my mood, I will switch back and forth between them all. Last year John Frieda brought back Ocean Waves, which has been renamed Sea Waves, it’s any nostalgic 90s kid’s dream. The smell alone was the worth the wait. What are some of your favourite sea salt or texture sprays? And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Dangerous Girl by LDR
I may be jumping the gun a bit, but I was checking out Net-A-Porter the other night and I came across this adorable dress, and I thought it’s never to early to start thinking about red, white, and blue ensembles. It’s one of my favourite colour combinations.
I clearly can’t wait for Spring, and this dress is just darling. I can’t wait to but out all of my sun dresses, this one, or something similar may make it’s way into my closet. And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Off To The Races by LDR