June was a pretty good month overall, J had his birthday, our little girl seven months! And Summer officially started, so today I am sharing some of my favourite things!
- Alex Pop! by Funko – J and I have a slight issue with Funko products, mainly the Pop!s, but I mean how can you not? They are just too stinking cute. I recently acquired Alex, for those not in the know he is the main character of the book and film A Clockwork Orange. Basically he is a functioning sociopath hopped up on Miloko, seeking Ultra-Violence (yes, that’s where LDR got her album title from), and singing show tunes in the rain. This Pop! is probably my favourite, he sits on my desk at work and only 2 or 3 people have gotten the reference. He is temporarily out of stock at Entertainment Earth where I primarily get these sort f things, but I’ve seen lots at Toys R Us and Barnes and Noble.
- Beauty and the Beast (2017) – This has to be my favourite film of 2017, and I think I can come out and say it since the year is half over. There hasn’t been a movie in recent memory that I have been more excited to see and enjoyed so much. You can check my review of the film (here).
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask – I got this face mask from my last Sephora order and I waited to use it, I wanted to finish my GlamGLOW SuperMUD first, that mask started to not work so well for me. So I was looking for something different and I like the Boscia brand. This mask is super cool because after it dries you peel it off!
- Sundress weather – Now that it’s officially summer my sundresses have been in heavy rotation. I’m also still on my maxi dress kick! A dress is so easy for S/S and since becoming a mom I need easy!
- J. Crew Martie pant – Recently MIL took me shopping as a gift for my first official Mother’s Day and because she forgot my birthday (which I totally forgave her). I really needed to get some new clothes for work, because a lot of my pants and more fitted clothes still do not fit appropriately. I picked up two pairs of this style back in May and I have been living in them! I already had a pair from my pre-pregnancy days and I’m glad I picked up cloud grey and black. Right now select colours are on sale.
It’s hard to believe that June is over… Where the hell is this year going? Our Little Girl will be 8 months next week, Summer is in full effect, work is crazy and won’t stop anytime soon. Here’s to July and some sparklers and streamers! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Oh Say Can You See by LDR
Summer is starting to really wind down, I know, I know, it’s so sad, but it’s so incredibly true. So I thought I might share some of my favourite Doo Wop hits. Doo Wop music was really great, it’s a genre that most people my age would never listen to, but with my love of Grease, Shag, Mad Men and just the 1950s and 1960s, it’s no wonder I am a fan!
- Come and Go With Me -Dion
- Under the Boardwalk -The Drifters
- Be My Little Baby -The Ronnetts
- Stagger Lee -Lloyd Price
- Stand by Me -Ben E. King
- Wonderful World -Sam Cooke
- The Wanderer -Dion
- Sherry Baby -The Four Seasons
- One Fine Day -The Chiffons
- Sixty Minute Man -Billy Ward and the Dominoes
I have been listening to Doo Wop heavily for about two years now, I even have a Pandora station! It’s good old American and so many of the songs are still really great today! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Under the Boardwalk by The Drifters
In addition to reaching the 300 post mark, August brings Breakfast @ Kiki’s third year! And boy, oh boy what a year it has been! J and I are waiting for our little girl to finally arrive, and preparing for her has been no easy task! My twenty-eighth birthday is next month… Which is totally blowing my mind! I can’t believe I have been doing this for three years. It feels like it was just yesterday.
Over the next few months I anticipate sporadic posts. I know I’m going to be consumed by my new role as a new mother. There is so much that I have never experienced in regards to babies, let alone newborns and I know there will be an adjustment period.
Then before we know it the holidays will be upon us. The rest of the year will be host to so many firsts. We just have to get through the rest of the Summer, which by the way, this is the first time in my life I have wanted to rush through the Summer. It has been so brutally hot and humid in my neck of the woods that I just can’t deal with the heat for much longer.
In other pregnancy news I have like five ensembles that still fit me, I am at 29 nine weeks, which means she is about 2 1/2 pounds, and like 15ish inches… And that means we have about 11 weeks to go… What?! Saying that hardly seems right, or real, but it is…
There really isn’t that much else going on, I’m waiting to hear the results of my glucose test. That was fun, I had to drink this really gross extra sugary stuff and then sit in the waiting room of the lab for an hour. Then I had five vials of blood taken. I’m pretty sure by the time all of my testing has been done during my pregnancy, there will have been more blood taken than I will have left. I visit the doctor next this week, and apparently now that I’m in my third trimester my appointments need to be more frequent. And on that note it’s time to end.
All for now,
Title from: Simple Kind of Life by No Doubt
Last week Breakfast at Kiki’s shared it’s 300th post. Which is pretty damn awesome considering I feel as though I’ve hardly posted anything over the past few months. But hey, I’ve been one busy lady growing this tiny human and all…
In the past eight months or so since my last milestone post (200, which you can check out here) so much in my life has changed. In March I started as Head Teller in a new Branch with the bank. And my Manager/Supervisor and Staff are awesome. I am so glad that I made the move to the Bank, and although so much is changing there it’s really all for the best and were moving in a great direction as a branch and a financial institution. Two weeks before I became Head Teller I found out that I was expecting. Having a child wasn’t on the agenda for at least another year, but it wasn’t unwelcome either. And even though my pregnancy over all hasn’t been to bad, it has taken a lot out of me. So that was my March!
The rest of the spring and summer have been very much a blur, so much is going on and a lot of it is not going smoothly. But that can be how life is sometimes. And as my pregnancy has progressed I feel like I am running out of time. There is still so much to do before baby girl arrives! We still need to work on the nursery, make sure that we have everything set up for when she arrives, and it might be a good idea to decide on a name.
There is so much that I want for my daughter. And I never could have imagined that you could love some one so much, without ever having met them. J and I talk all the time about what we want for her and it’s crazy to think that in about three months we will finally get to met her. I can’t help but wonder what the next few months hold… Here’s to the next 100 posts! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Lavender by Marillion
This month’s playlist is exploring some of my favourite Paul Simon tracks. Paul Simon is one of those artists that you can listen to at almost anytime in your life and a song you never paid much mind to instantly becomes your anthem.
2. Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes
3. Me and Julio Down by the School Yard
4. 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
5. Rene and Georgette Magritte and Their Dog After the War
6. Train in the Distance
7. Slip Sliding Away
8. Mother and Child Reunion
9. Loves Me Like a Rock
10. Have a Good Time
11. Call Me Al
13. Obvious Child
A lot of his music is on the singer/songwriter side. It’s melodic, prolific, and calm. It’s great to put on and chill. I have been listening to this music since I was a young child, and I still love it. The memories that these songs hold are some of my favourites. And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes
Today I am sharing a Spring ensemble that is just darling. I would totally rock this! I can also see Zooey Deschanel or Lily Collins wearing it too! The classic black an white combination is one that I love. I can’t get enough of it all year round.
This dress sort of has a Wednesday Addams thing going on, which I am totally all about! And I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Charlotte Olympia shoes are TDF! I really want a pair, like in the worst way! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Young and Beautiful by LDR
When Spring starts to turn to Summer, it’s time for shorter hemlines, lighter colours, vacations, and beach days. And one summer essential that will never go out is shorts. I will be the first to admit that I don’t get to wear a lot of them, and I don’t own all that many.
I’m really loving the denim shorts, I haven’t owned a pair in a really long time, and I know they would be the perfect addition to my small but significant short collection. I’m also in love with this polka dotted pair. I am loving patterned shorts/pants/skirts right now! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Salvatore by LDR