Summer is starting to really wind down, I know, I know, it’s so sad, but it’s so incredibly true. So I thought I might share some of my favourite Doo Wop hits. Doo Wop music was really great, it’s a genre that most people my age would never listen to, but with my love of Grease, Shag, Mad Men and just the 1950s and 1960s, it’s no wonder I am a fan!
- Come and Go With Me -Dion
- Under the Boardwalk -The Drifters
- Be My Little Baby -The Ronnetts
- Stagger Lee -Lloyd Price
- Stand by Me -Ben E. King
- Wonderful World -Sam Cooke
- The Wanderer -Dion
- Sherry Baby -The Four Seasons
- One Fine Day -The Chiffons
- Sixty Minute Man -Billy Ward and the Dominoes
I have been listening to Doo Wop heavily for about two years now, I even have a Pandora station! It’s good old American and so many of the songs are still really great today! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Under the Boardwalk by The Drifters
April has ended and it’s time again to share some of my favourite things! After March was a month of highs and lows, I hadn’t been feeling well for a while which mainly attributed to the lows. I was ready to have a better month.
- Spring clothes – I have been waiting all Winter to break out my S/S wardrobe. Let’s just say we are going to be seeing a lot of red, white, and blue! Not to mention my affinity for cute sundresses. I am also going to be #gettingnauti, on the regular, with all of the nautical pieces I have been collecting throughout the years.
- My hair is growing out! OMG, it is still very in between, and nowhere near where I would like it to be lengthwise. But, still I couldn’t be happier! And this growth is just in time to play with some cute S/S styles, like hello! Cute braids are just the remedy for my crazy/frizzy/wavy hair that will inevitably rule my hair during the warmer months!
- Google Calendar – I recently started to schedule my posts and my life in a more concise way, in Google calendar and let me just say, it has been a miracle! I even went so fair as to get the app for my iPhone6 Plus to stay on top of my organization on the go.
- Fleece PJ pants – All Winter long I have been living in flannel and fleece pajamas. And now that it’s starting to really warm up (and stay warm) it’s time to sadly, start putting them away. And my sister bought me this awesome pair of Jack Skellington pair.
- Saoirse Ronan’s Oscar look – I mentioned this look in my Best Dressed Oscar post (you can read it here). I loved her look, that Calvin Klein dress looked amazing on her. It’s green, covered in sequins, a deep v-neck, a low back, just gorgeous. But what stole the look for me were the earrings. The mix matched Chopard pair featured one pearl earring and one emerald. They were a perfect mix of class and sass.
And now that we are moving more into Spring I also can’t wait to take advantage of the nice weather. There will be some outdoor activities for sure. There is so much to do in the area, we just never think to explore any of them. This changes this season. And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Soak Up the Sun by Sheryl Crow
I was doing a little online window shopping recently and I fell in love with a couple of pieces, but when I saw the prices, I thought yikes! So I thought I might do a little more searching, and I found some more affordable options. And it’s been forever since I shared a Save vs Splurge.
Save: Top, Jeans, Sneakers, Tote Splurge: Top, Jeans, Sneakers, Tote
I know I share a lot of stripe tops. I own a bunch too. I also have been lusting after dark wash skinnies for a couple months now. So when I came across this Saint Laurent tee I was in love, only to quickly come back down to Earth because of the price. Then I remembered the J. Crew version, which is a way more affordable option. And a white sneaker for Spring? Always a staple, and the Converse clearly win with the price point. The bright bag is a nice tie in with the accent of red in the top, the Victoria Beckham bag is stunning, but Tory Burch is a nice similar option for less. And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Style by Taylor Swift
Spring is here again, and I thought I might share how I plan to style some of my favourite pieces for 2016. As with Winter, I don’t plan to add too many new pieces. I do plan to make the most out of what I have be fore adding to my wardrobe. My low buy/no buy initiative for 2016 is in full effect! I’m only going to repurchase what I need and splurge on quality pieces that I know will last for years! I’m looking forward to Spring and all of it’s possibilities. There is so much that I want to do with my clothes, but alas work gets in the way…
Chambray Pop over J. Crew, Red Chinos Tommy Hilfiger, Jimmy Choo flats
White PB Calvin Klein, Blue midi J. Crew, Cream flats Jimmy Choo
Anchor Henley J. Crew, Blue Chinos Banana Republic, Loubies
As I think everyone can see my Spring/Summer wardrobe many consists of red, white, blue, and some black pieces. I also own a lot of nautical themed pieces. I have been waiting all Winter long to break out my S/S clothes. I wanted to share more looks, but I figure I have all Summer to do that! What are some of your favourite pieces from previous years that you can’t wait to wear? And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Blue Jeans by LDR
My order arrived! My order arrived! And I just can’t wait to wear all of my super adorable new J. Crew pieces. So true to form I made a collage. All of the pieces I got in my latest order mix and match so well with each other and my current wardrobe.
I am loving the striped tee, I mean how can you not… It’s just darling. It is the perfect addition to my S/S wardrobe and can you really ever have too much red, white, and blue? This pair of cigarette pants is going to get a ton of wear, I just know it. They are so classic and easy. They also will go with anything and everything. A green oxford is something I wasn’t I was planning on purchasing, but I saw the top and I just fell in love with it. I don’t have a lot of green, but I love to wear it. It makes my eyes really pop, and what gal doesn’t want to accentuate her most prominent feature? I am so excited for the jeans, I have been looking for a new pair of jeans for a while now, and this pair is just what I was looking for. And this midi skirt? #fuggetabutit I am loving midi skirts right now, and I don’t see this love affair ending any time soon! And i keeping with my navy theme this pair of trousers that has a bitchin cool bow detail at the waist. This cropped pair will get quite the work out. There are just so many pieces that will look so well with them. I can see so many ensembles in my head with all of the pieces I picked up. And I can’t wait to share them all with you! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Terrence Loves You by LDR