June was a pretty good month overall, J had his birthday, our little girl seven months! And Summer officially started, so today I am sharing some of my favourite things!
- Alex Pop! by Funko – J and I have a slight issue with Funko products, mainly the Pop!s, but I mean how can you not? They are just too stinking cute. I recently acquired Alex, for those not in the know he is the main character of the book and film A Clockwork Orange. Basically he is a functioning sociopath hopped up on Miloko, seeking Ultra-Violence (yes, that’s where LDR got her album title from), and singing show tunes in the rain. This Pop! is probably my favourite, he sits on my desk at work and only 2 or 3 people have gotten the reference. He is temporarily out of stock at Entertainment Earth where I primarily get these sort f things, but I’ve seen lots at Toys R Us and Barnes and Noble.
- Beauty and the Beast (2017) – This has to be my favourite film of 2017, and I think I can come out and say it since the year is half over. There hasn’t been a movie in recent memory that I have been more excited to see and enjoyed so much. You can check my review of the film (here).
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask – I got this face mask from my last Sephora order and I waited to use it, I wanted to finish my GlamGLOW SuperMUD first, that mask started to not work so well for me. So I was looking for something different and I like the Boscia brand. This mask is super cool because after it dries you peel it off!
- Sundress weather – Now that it’s officially summer my sundresses have been in heavy rotation. I’m also still on my maxi dress kick! A dress is so easy for S/S and since becoming a mom I need easy!
- J. Crew Martie pant – Recently MIL took me shopping as a gift for my first official Mother’s Day and because she forgot my birthday (which I totally forgave her). I really needed to get some new clothes for work, because a lot of my pants and more fitted clothes still do not fit appropriately. I picked up two pairs of this style back in May and I have been living in them! I already had a pair from my pre-pregnancy days and I’m glad I picked up cloud grey and black. Right now select colours are on sale.
It’s hard to believe that June is over… Where the hell is this year going? Our Little Girl will be 8 months next week, Summer is in full effect, work is crazy and won’t stop anytime soon. Here’s to July and some sparklers and streamers! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Oh Say Can You See by LDR
Today was a busy day, I’m on my third load of laundry, the third post I’ve worked on today. I put all of my clean clothes away. Decided my ensemble for tomorrow and watched the 2015 Formula 1 Mexican Grand Prix. My man Vettel crashed out, but that’s okay, there’s always Brazil in two weeks! J also made some eggplant Parmesan which was amazing! This week is going to be very interesting, being that it is my last full week at the Credit Union, before I start my new job at a different local financial institution on the 12th. I also think I finalized my order for the upcoming Sephora VIB Rouge sale, with a 20% off coupon I am looking forward to picking up some old faves and some new splurges!
The rest of the weekend entailed of having lunch with J, MIL, and my Sister at the Hoffman House. I had the pasta special with mussels, shrimp, and clams over ligiuni with an herb lemon butter sauce, my Sister had the pulled chicken BBQ sandwich, it looked really good, I think we might need to try it next time, J had the chicken Marsala sandwich, another fave, and MIL had the lamb sandwich. After lunch my Sister and I did a little shopping at the local mall. She wanted to go to Old Navy to use up the remainder of her gift cards and FYE to see if she could get a new CD to listen to in her car. I found two POP! Toys that I had been looking for Pin Head for J and Pumpkin King Jack for me! Luckily FYE was having a sale buy one get one half off, so they weren’t too bad. And on that note it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Autobiography by Ashlee Simpson
Today was a typical Sunday, I slept in after working six days last week [insert rant here], had some coffee, did my hair took off my super chipped nail polish, visited with my Mom and Sister a bit. Then J and I went to Barnes and Nobel for a little bit. I want to pick up Lolita (hence my title), and I got J a new POP! toy, this time a Cyberman. We looked around at the toys and the vinyl records in the music section as well as the magazines. On our way home we stopped for milkshakes.
I also photographed my new Penny Dreadful tarot cards that I received last week! They are pretty awesome, I’m so glad I’ve added them to my collection. The cards are purple with very simple, but beautiful illustrations. I haven’t played around with them too much yet.
The newest addition to the POP Toy family is a Cyberman (from Doctor Who, for those of you not in the know), watch out he might delete you!
I have wanted to read Lolita for a very long time, I’m so glad I finally pick it up. I just started it, so far so good. I sort of knew what it was about going in. And I am a sucker for the classics. The copy I found at B&N is more for analysis, it’s got foot notes and a twenty page forward. It’s fine though, if I ever have a discussion on the subject, I’ll be prepared.
My latest additions all together made for a great Sunday afternoon. Here’s to the rest of the week! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Off To The Races by LDR