I recently saw a feature on The Covetuer and it got me thinking what are some of my favourite inexpensive beauty products? (And of course now I can’t find the feature…) So after thinking about it here are some of mine!
- Cocoa butter lotion– I started using this lotion during my pregnancy and let me tell you it’s pretty awesome! It’s super light weight and super cheap. Not to mention it last a really long time, and I’m only on my second bottle.
- Nievea Creme – I picked up a .99 tin from the local drugstore over the winter and fell in love. This is a creme I’ve wanted to try for many, many years now, and I am so glad that I did! You can snag the large tins from Amazon between 7.99 and 12.99, depending on the sellers.
- Not You’re Mother’s – I have been loving and using this brand’s dry shampoo and hairspray for several years now, both products smell amazing and work incredibly well!
- John Freida Beach Waves – By far my favourite wave enhancing spray, it smells like the original Beach Blonde, and works just the same! Get a little nostalgic for those of you who remember the 90s version!
- Neutragena makeup remover wipes – By far the cheapest, best quality wipes, and I have used several different brands, these reign supreme!
- Dove Beauty Bar – By far the best “not soap soap”, I use it daily, it’s even moisturizing enough to shave your legs with, because who the hell wants to deal with shaving cream? Most of the time I get about 10 minutes actually in the shower and the rest of my bathroom time is applying my lotions and potions, and combing my way too long hair.
- Dove deodorant – I have been using this brand for several years, I tend to stick with the Original Clean or Powder scents. But every now and again I change it up with the cucumber or pomegranate scent.
- Rosebud Salve – I have been using this for several years, it’s just awesome! I love the way it smells, the consistency, and the longevity of the product… I mean it was created in the 1800s, talk about staying power, I use it at night and it keeps my lips hydrated and soft, especially through the harsh winter months.
- St. Ives Apricot Scrub – I have been using this face scrub on and off for as long as I can remember. I’ll use it once or twice a week all over to really exfoliate, the rest of the time it’s a mild face wash and my Clarisonic.
- Just drinking water – I have been drinking water all day everyday for as long as I can remember… Long before I started to read teen magazines that barked at me to drink eight eight ounce glasses a day. I have a water bottle on my desk at work, one next to my workstation at home, one in my purse, and one next to my bed. I like everyone have good and bad days, but water is always my first choice to quench my thirst.
This was an easy feature to write, too often I am praising high end items that promise to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, zap acne and reduce scarring, and moisturize and leave your skin glowing. And these are some no frills budget friendly options that won’t break the bank and deliver exactly what they were designed to do. And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Valerie by Amy Winehouse