This post is going up way later than I wanted, but it’s still August right? I went all LDR this time, and this one was pretty easy, her music embodies Summer, class, and what America used to be… When things were simpler, and maybe more romantic, and maybe better, but how could we know, we weren’t there. Any way, put on some mascara, a party dress, high heels, and throw your hair up real big beauty queen style, pour your self a drink and have a cigarette, because your going to need it!
- Serial Killer
- Kind Outta Luck
- Brooklyn Baby
- Go Go Dancer
- High By the Beach
- Queen of Disaster
- Blue Jeans
- Back to the Basics
- Body Electric
- Burning Desire
- Art Deco
- Tomorrow Never Came
- Get Free
- You Can Be the Boss
- God Bless America and All of the Beautiful Women in it
It’s no surprise that I’m finally doing an all LDR playlist. I’m mean come on like 90% of my post titles come from her music. The fact that it took me this long is a bit shocking. Some new some old some leaked but all awesome. I started with Serial Killer, which is one of my all time favorite songs. It’s hauntingly beautiful and super fucked up. My absolute faves are from Born to Die and Paradise. Listening to Ultraviolence now I appreciate it a lot more than when I first heard it, and the same with Honeymoon. At this point Lust For Life is in heavy rotation. The consumability is low right now as I mentioned in my review of the album I like it, I don’t love it. The standouts are great, the cameos are good, it’s a good record, it just doesn’t captivate my soul like Born To Die did. Born To Die came into my life at a time where I was in a really rough place. Both personally and professionally. And when I listened to the record I thought to myself she just gets it. She’s felt the exact same way that I do and she persevered. But as I evolve and grow, her new music has done the same, just not in sync. I hope you all enjoy this one, it was really fun putting this list together. And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: White Mustang by LDR
It’s hard to believe it, but July like totally flew by! As we look to August I thought I might share some of my favourite things!!
- The Nordstrom Anniversary sale – The biggest and best Nordies sale of the year, where else can you get in season new items up to 40% off? Two words: No where! Because of my low/no buy initiative that I try to follow, I bought things that I needed and a couple to clearance splurges. You can see what I picked up (here)
- Lust For Life – LDR’s latest record dropped, it’s worth a listen or two! You can check my take on the record (here).
- Nars Orgasm Lip Gloss– I have been using this gloss instead of a lipstick since I used up my whole tube of MAC VIVA Glam VI, I wanted something lighter for Summer, and I had a mini tube from a point perk. I like the light coverage, and the formula isn’t sticky.
- Game of Thrones – It’s here, Winter is here, and some major shit is about to go down! If you haven’t watched this show yet you should probably binge watch it and prepare to be blown away it has everything you need in a show: dragons, death, sociopaths, war, magic, and ice zombies among other things. The show is now in it’s seventh season and I can see some big things happening soon!
- Harney & Sons tea – My Head Teller (God bless her) loves this brand of tea, and tries almost all of them, the Japanese Sencha and Chinese Flower were two that weren’t her cup of tea #punsointended, so she gave me the tins. They are a bit expensive, but through amazon you can get big bags of loose tea! And sometimes its better to have the loose tea.
This post was very, very late because my laptop died… With my whole life on it. J is trying to salvage what he can, but as it stands my blog back up, novel, a few screenplays, countless songs and pictures are gone. Not to mention all of the years I have been collecting images and funny gifs… So stay tuned for updates, they might be even more irregular for a little bit until I sort out my life. And, on that not it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Godzilla by Kesha
This week’s save vs. splurge edition is all about the white swimsuit, something you covet, but never swim in, something you are terrified to spill your beverage of choice on, while soaking up the sun. If you guys couldn’t tell I so, so, so miss the beach! I haven’t been since the summer of ’06 when I went down to NJ to the Warped Tour (just in case you haven’t noticed I’m a highly functioning recovering EMO kid). And even then my mother and I ran out of the car, after dark and stuck our toes in the sand (we probably shouldn’t have done that, oops!) Anyway, I digress, here is a save vs. splurge that I was totally inspired by LDR’s Blue Jeans video.
So I am so in love with Ray Ban sunnies, I’ve had mine for like six years now, I prety much wear them everyday, and I’ll probably need a new pair soon, but I’ll keep on keeping on until they break! And can we discuss this pair of Ancient Greek Sandals? OMG I have been lusting after a pair for quite a while now, I love the Chanel esque vibe, and the wing detail is adorable! Floppy hats are key whether your poolside or soaking up some rays while the waves break against the shore. And on that note it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: High By the Beach by LDR
I have been away for a while, mainly because the transition into motherhood has been a challenge, meaning it’s the hardest and most rewarding thing I’ve ever done in my life. I have also been adjusting to my new position as Branch Supervisor at work.
But the reason we have gathered here today is to speak about the Sephora VIB sale. I carefully curated my order for several days. I mainly went with products I’ve used before, with a couple of new buys.
- Rosebud Salve – I went with the minted version after three tins of regular. I love everything mint and I am hoping this is no different.
- Clinique Take Off the Day Cleansing Balm – I tried a deluxe sample of this and I love it! It really melts away my makeup. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a full size.
- Boscia Luminizing Mask – I have been looking for a new clearing mask for awhile now, GlamGlow SuperMud is no longer cutting it for me. I’m excited to try this because it’s a peel off mask.
- Shishiedo Sun Screen – I used the wet force version last summer or I should say my Husband did, and I needed some more, I’m looking forward to trying this version.
- Sephora Makeup Remover – I really like this product I’ve been using it for a while now, I feel it works well and it’s a great value for the money.
- Clarisonic Repalcement heads – I have been using the delicate brushes for a few years now and I feel they work well for my sensitive skin. The sensitive brushes were too harsh, I’m glad I switched.
- L’Occitane Immortelle Eye Balm – I have used a ton of different eye creams and gels and this is the one. It’s “balmy” and delicate, the scent is light and the moisturizing power is top notch.
- Clinique Mascara – I used this mascara before, I liked it, it was a basic tubular formula. I went back mainly for the price and I’m hoping round two is enjoyable.
- First Aid Beauty Moisturizer – I’ve never used this branch before but I have been wanting to try this. Since giving birth my skin is no longer the same and I’m hoping going back to a more traditional moisturizer will help.
That rounds out my Sephora order, I went with a light order, I tend to go big with the Autumn sale. I’m looking forward to getting my order in the next few days.
I’m hoping to get back into posting on a more regular basis, it’s been an interesting few months and everyday has been a journey, an amazing crazy journey. And on that note it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from:Love by LDR
I have been away for what seems like forever. I’ve had good reason though. Going through the last few weeks of pregnancy were no walk in the park, and then giving birth and having a new tiny human have been no small task either.
I gave birth to a healthy happy baby girl a few weeks ago and my life has forever been changed. We are all doing well and trying to adjust to our new roles.
Over the next few weeks I’m going to share my birth experience and a little more about how I’m adjusting. So while everyone is planning for the holidays I’ll be catching up and trying to get back on the bandwagon.
I have been finding myself writing during and editing during feedings and it’s mostly super late at night so you’ll all have to bear with me.
But just so y’all know I’m still here, it’s just that life with a newborn has been very challenging, especially the sleeping bit!
Like any new Mom would I’m planning on incorporating more posts about Motherhood, it’s probably going to be frequent at first, since that’s all my life consists of right now. And on that note it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title From: The Other Woman by LDR