As I did last year I’m going to share some of my favourite beauty products from 2016. This is a little late going up, being that it’s now the end of January, but better late than never! This year I didn’t splurge too much, I stuck to a lot of what I know, so with that being said, I took the time to use up samples and look for less expensive alternatives to established faves.
1. Fresh Sugar Face Polish – I got this as part of the spa discovery trio, and I only recently opened this scrub. I found a refreshing scent, a gentle exfoliate, and a skin master. My skin looks great after using this scrub, not that I was surprised!
2. Burt’s Bees BB Cream – When I read that Burt’s Bees was releasing a BB I knew I had to try it! And I found myself loving it. All the essentials are there, the coverage is buildable, the formula light, the colour match great! And the best part is the price, I have spent a lot of money in the search of a great BB, and it can be found at your local Target!
3. Bobbi Brown Eye Cream – This is my first Bobbi Brown product experience and it’s not going to be the last, as I am with most eye creams, I don’t expect much going in, but this is right up there with L’Occatain Immortel Eye Balm.
4. Josie Maran Argan Oil – If there is one thing I love, it’s a face oil, I got this as a point perk from Sephora and in between switching up my skin care I decided to give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised, it’s a lightweight, well aborsbing oil, there’s no scent which is also nice, and it’s a little less expensive in comparison to my Fresh Seaberry oil, and there is also a jumbo size.
5. John Freida Sea Waves – very similar to the original from the late 90s early 00s. It enhances my natural waves and give great texture, all for a whole hell of a lot less than Bumble and Bumble Sea Salt Spray. And a lot more nostalgic for me too.
6. NARS Cruella – I’ve always been a red lippie sort of gal, but I, like many struggled to find the right shade and the confidence to pull it off. I have always been team NARS and this is no different. It’s rich deep red with a huge colour pay off, I rarely find myself reapplying. And I love this shade for Autumn/Winter, when deeper matte reds are in order.
7. Earthmama Angelbaby Nipple butter – about 6 months into my pregnancy there was a lot going on with my body, one strange thing that happened was my nipples were so dry that they were flaking. Regular body lotion and cocoa butter did not work, this was the only product that did the trick. Also great for use on your elbows to smooth them.
8. Bumble and Bumble Invisible Hairdresser’s Oil Shampoo and Conditioner – I got both as a point perk and finally decided to try them, that was a mistake, because I love them and they are expensive! They both smell great, the shampoo makes my hair feel really clean, while the conditioner leaves my hair really soft and manageable. I prefer to use them before a blowout.
9. Water – Legit just drinking a shit ton of water. During this year alcohol and coffee were kept to ridiculously low minimums, and rightfully so, and water stepped up in a big way! Once I calculated how many ounces of water I drank and is was triple digits. It was summer and really hot.
10. Fresh lip balm – I got this as part of a holiday set I got at last year’s VIB Rouge sale and I freaking love it! I didn’t want to because of its steep for what it is price tag and because I have a million EOS lip balm eggs, but I will repurchase in the future. I love the lemony scent, you don’t find that with many Fresh products.
I’m looking forward to work through a lot of my beauty stash again this year and focus on skin care. I’m looking forward to a healthier 2017, and little by little I will share my skin care and wellness progress. And on that note it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Bentley by LDR