June was a pretty good month overall, J had his birthday, our little girl seven months! And Summer officially started, so today I am sharing some of my favourite things!
- Alex Pop! by Funko – J and I have a slight issue with Funko products, mainly the Pop!s, but I mean how can you not? They are just too stinking cute. I recently acquired Alex, for those not in the know he is the main character of the book and film A Clockwork Orange. Basically he is a functioning sociopath hopped up on Miloko, seeking Ultra-Violence (yes, that’s where LDR got her album title from), and singing show tunes in the rain. This Pop! is probably my favourite, he sits on my desk at work and only 2 or 3 people have gotten the reference. He is temporarily out of stock at Entertainment Earth where I primarily get these sort f things, but I’ve seen lots at Toys R Us and Barnes and Noble.
- Beauty and the Beast (2017) – This has to be my favourite film of 2017, and I think I can come out and say it since the year is half over. There hasn’t been a movie in recent memory that I have been more excited to see and enjoyed so much. You can check my review of the film (here).
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask – I got this face mask from my last Sephora order and I waited to use it, I wanted to finish my GlamGLOW SuperMUD first, that mask started to not work so well for me. So I was looking for something different and I like the Boscia brand. This mask is super cool because after it dries you peel it off!
- Sundress weather – Now that it’s officially summer my sundresses have been in heavy rotation. I’m also still on my maxi dress kick! A dress is so easy for S/S and since becoming a mom I need easy!
- J. Crew Martie pant – Recently MIL took me shopping as a gift for my first official Mother’s Day and because she forgot my birthday (which I totally forgave her). I really needed to get some new clothes for work, because a lot of my pants and more fitted clothes still do not fit appropriately. I picked up two pairs of this style back in May and I have been living in them! I already had a pair from my pre-pregnancy days and I’m glad I picked up cloud grey and black. Right now select colours are on sale.
It’s hard to believe that June is over… Where the hell is this year going? Our Little Girl will be 8 months next week, Summer is in full effect, work is crazy and won’t stop anytime soon. Here’s to July and some sparklers and streamers! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Oh Say Can You See by LDR
I was doing a little online window shopping recently and I fell in love with a couple of pieces, but when I saw the prices, I thought yikes! So I thought I might do a little more searching, and I found some more affordable options. And it’s been forever since I shared a Save vs Splurge.
Save: Top, Jeans, Sneakers, Tote Splurge: Top, Jeans, Sneakers, Tote
I know I share a lot of stripe tops. I own a bunch too. I also have been lusting after dark wash skinnies for a couple months now. So when I came across this Saint Laurent tee I was in love, only to quickly come back down to Earth because of the price. Then I remembered the J. Crew version, which is a way more affordable option. And a white sneaker for Spring? Always a staple, and the Converse clearly win with the price point. The bright bag is a nice tie in with the accent of red in the top, the Victoria Beckham bag is stunning, but Tory Burch is a nice similar option for less. And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Style by Taylor Swift
Spring is here again, and I thought I might share how I plan to style some of my favourite pieces for 2016. As with Winter, I don’t plan to add too many new pieces. I do plan to make the most out of what I have be fore adding to my wardrobe. My low buy/no buy initiative for 2016 is in full effect! I’m only going to repurchase what I need and splurge on quality pieces that I know will last for years! I’m looking forward to Spring and all of it’s possibilities. There is so much that I want to do with my clothes, but alas work gets in the way…
Chambray Pop over J. Crew, Red Chinos Tommy Hilfiger, Jimmy Choo flats
White PB Calvin Klein, Blue midi J. Crew, Cream flats Jimmy Choo
Anchor Henley J. Crew, Blue Chinos Banana Republic, Loubies
As I think everyone can see my Spring/Summer wardrobe many consists of red, white, blue, and some black pieces. I also own a lot of nautical themed pieces. I have been waiting all Winter long to break out my S/S clothes. I wanted to share more looks, but I figure I have all Summer to do that! What are some of your favourite pieces from previous years that you can’t wait to wear? And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Blue Jeans by LDR
With spring just about here I thought it was the perfect time to share some pretty pastels! Yes, you can wear pastels any time of year, but they are especially nice for spring. Just as the flowers start to bloom, and baby animals are born.
I am having a major love affair with cropped sweaters right now, this one from Craven is adorable. I’m also really into Gucci bags right now. My Mother as a young woman (pre-kids) had every bag in the line (so jealous)! And on that note it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Shades of Cool by LDR
My order arrived! My order arrived! And I just can’t wait to wear all of my super adorable new J. Crew pieces. So true to form I made a collage. All of the pieces I got in my latest order mix and match so well with each other and my current wardrobe.
I am loving the striped tee, I mean how can you not… It’s just darling. It is the perfect addition to my S/S wardrobe and can you really ever have too much red, white, and blue? This pair of cigarette pants is going to get a ton of wear, I just know it. They are so classic and easy. They also will go with anything and everything. A green oxford is something I wasn’t I was planning on purchasing, but I saw the top and I just fell in love with it. I don’t have a lot of green, but I love to wear it. It makes my eyes really pop, and what gal doesn’t want to accentuate her most prominent feature? I am so excited for the jeans, I have been looking for a new pair of jeans for a while now, and this pair is just what I was looking for. And this midi skirt? #fuggetabutit I am loving midi skirts right now, and I don’t see this love affair ending any time soon! And i keeping with my navy theme this pair of trousers that has a bitchin cool bow detail at the waist. This cropped pair will get quite the work out. There are just so many pieces that will look so well with them. I can see so many ensembles in my head with all of the pieces I picked up. And I can’t wait to share them all with you! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Terrence Loves You by LDR
I may have mentioned that I haven’t been feeling well the past few weeks and I thought maybe I should treat myself to some updated Spring clothes. It’s been a long time since I bought anything, and even though a lot of my S/S clothes are in good condition, but having some more variety always helps, and the pieces I got are transitional and will mix and match very well with my current pieces.
I got two pairs of work pants, one black skinny or cigarette style (very Audrey Hepburn), the second navy, cropped with a cool bow detail at the waist. I also picked up a pair of dark wash skinnies, I have been wanting a pair for a really long time now. I also got a navy polka dot midi skirt, I am really loving them lately. And I just can’t get enough. I ordered a red, blue and ivory striped boat neck top, it’s the perfect addition to my stripped top collection, and my wardrobe. I also got a Kelly green linen button front. It’s going to match so many pieces I already own. Of course all this came courtesy of J. Crew… No surprise there. I find their clothing fits well, is of good quality as far as fast fashion goes, and really lasts a long time.
I can’t wait for my order to arrive, so I can mix and match all of these pieces with what I have. I’m already thinking of so many super cute ensembles I can’t wait to share! J. Crew is offering 25% off on Spring styles through 3/11, in stores and online, use code SHOPNOW. Happy shopping, and on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Junesong Provision by Coheed and Cambria
This week started March, and it comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. It brings St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, the start of Spring, and my Mother’s birthday. So in true fashion I’m starting off with a green look. I got this green pencil skirt last year from J. Crew, it’s wool, classic in an unexpected way, and a great length for the office. This sweater came my way from J. Crew in the same order, it is a men’s v-neck. The few men’s sweaters I have from J. Crew are amazing, they are roomy in a chic slightly over sized way, very comfortable, durable and really warm. I wear a men’s small, I could maybe get a way with one size down, but I’m glad I went with the small.
||Sweater: J. Crew (I’m wearing a men’s small), Skirt: J. Crew (green no longer available), Pumps: Ivanka Trump, Pearls: gift from J, similar
This ensemble is perfect for the office, it’s chic, warm and very polished. The skirt is a great length, lately I have been liking longer skirt lengths. And on that note it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Puppy Love by LDR