It’s official, in a few short days I will have entered the last year of my twenties… 29, it seems like one of those “nothing good happens” ages, but I won’t know until I get there. So I decided to come up with a little wish list, since becoming a mother late last year I only buy things for myself that I need so any type of splurge is a treat!
- Virgo tee – J. Crew did a line of zodiac tees and I am lusting after the Virgo one (obviously, bonus points if you read that in Snape’s voice, #majordork), I’m it say’s exactivist, which for those of you who know a thing or two about the zodiac, it’s so fitting.
- Karl Lagerfeld x Vans – The line is dropping soon, and I am so excited, I’ve loved Lagerfeld’s work for a long time, and I grew up on the beach, Vans were a staple of shore life.
- Bad Bitch pallet – MAC announced a few pallets recently and the coolest one is the Bad Bitch, the colours are awesome, the name is awesome, and who wouldn’t want that?
I kept it short this year, I don’t really need a lot these are just some things that it would be nice to have. I’ll probably pick up the Virgo tee once it goes on sale, and I may be able to squeeze some extra money out of the budget to pick up a bithcin’ new pair of Vans! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Head First for Halos by My Chemical Romance
June was a pretty good month overall, J had his birthday, our little girl seven months! And Summer officially started, so today I am sharing some of my favourite things!
- Alex Pop! by Funko – J and I have a slight issue with Funko products, mainly the Pop!s, but I mean how can you not? They are just too stinking cute. I recently acquired Alex, for those not in the know he is the main character of the book and film A Clockwork Orange. Basically he is a functioning sociopath hopped up on Miloko, seeking Ultra-Violence (yes, that’s where LDR got her album title from), and singing show tunes in the rain. This Pop! is probably my favourite, he sits on my desk at work and only 2 or 3 people have gotten the reference. He is temporarily out of stock at Entertainment Earth where I primarily get these sort f things, but I’ve seen lots at Toys R Us and Barnes and Noble.
- Beauty and the Beast (2017) – This has to be my favourite film of 2017, and I think I can come out and say it since the year is half over. There hasn’t been a movie in recent memory that I have been more excited to see and enjoyed so much. You can check my review of the film (here).
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask – I got this face mask from my last Sephora order and I waited to use it, I wanted to finish my GlamGLOW SuperMUD first, that mask started to not work so well for me. So I was looking for something different and I like the Boscia brand. This mask is super cool because after it dries you peel it off!
- Sundress weather – Now that it’s officially summer my sundresses have been in heavy rotation. I’m also still on my maxi dress kick! A dress is so easy for S/S and since becoming a mom I need easy!
- J. Crew Martie pant – Recently MIL took me shopping as a gift for my first official Mother’s Day and because she forgot my birthday (which I totally forgave her). I really needed to get some new clothes for work, because a lot of my pants and more fitted clothes still do not fit appropriately. I picked up two pairs of this style back in May and I have been living in them! I already had a pair from my pre-pregnancy days and I’m glad I picked up cloud grey and black. Right now select colours are on sale.
It’s hard to believe that June is over… Where the hell is this year going? Our Little Girl will be 8 months next week, Summer is in full effect, work is crazy and won’t stop anytime soon. Here’s to July and some sparklers and streamers! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Oh Say Can You See by LDR
I was doing a little online window shopping recently and I fell in love with a couple of pieces, but when I saw the prices, I thought yikes! So I thought I might do a little more searching, and I found some more affordable options. And it’s been forever since I shared a Save vs Splurge.
Save: Top, Jeans, Sneakers, Tote Splurge: Top, Jeans, Sneakers, Tote
I know I share a lot of stripe tops. I own a bunch too. I also have been lusting after dark wash skinnies for a couple months now. So when I came across this Saint Laurent tee I was in love, only to quickly come back down to Earth because of the price. Then I remembered the J. Crew version, which is a way more affordable option. And a white sneaker for Spring? Always a staple, and the Converse clearly win with the price point. The bright bag is a nice tie in with the accent of red in the top, the Victoria Beckham bag is stunning, but Tory Burch is a nice similar option for less. And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Style by Taylor Swift
Spring is here again, and I thought I might share how I plan to style some of my favourite pieces for 2016. As with Winter, I don’t plan to add too many new pieces. I do plan to make the most out of what I have be fore adding to my wardrobe. My low buy/no buy initiative for 2016 is in full effect! I’m only going to repurchase what I need and splurge on quality pieces that I know will last for years! I’m looking forward to Spring and all of it’s possibilities. There is so much that I want to do with my clothes, but alas work gets in the way…
Chambray Pop over J. Crew, Red Chinos Tommy Hilfiger, Jimmy Choo flats
White PB Calvin Klein, Blue midi J. Crew, Cream flats Jimmy Choo
Anchor Henley J. Crew, Blue Chinos Banana Republic, Loubies
As I think everyone can see my Spring/Summer wardrobe many consists of red, white, blue, and some black pieces. I also own a lot of nautical themed pieces. I have been waiting all Winter long to break out my S/S clothes. I wanted to share more looks, but I figure I have all Summer to do that! What are some of your favourite pieces from previous years that you can’t wait to wear? And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Blue Jeans by LDR
With spring just about here I thought it was the perfect time to share some pretty pastels! Yes, you can wear pastels any time of year, but they are especially nice for spring. Just as the flowers start to bloom, and baby animals are born.
I am having a major love affair with cropped sweaters right now, this one from Craven is adorable. I’m also really into Gucci bags right now. My Mother as a young woman (pre-kids) had every bag in the line (so jealous)! And on that note it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Shades of Cool by LDR