January has been a pretty productive month over all, I was able to get back to blogging semi-regularly, I started to exercise more regularly and lost a few pounds so far, and some other personal stuff is looking up! So I thought I would share some of my favourite things!
1. Star Trek Discovery – I am a total SciFi nerd… As if you guys hadn’t noticed, and this show is awesome! There will always have a soft spot for TOS, but this is a really great continuation of the story/universe. For any Trekkies it’s a must see!
2. Herbivore Lapis & Blue Tansy mask – I have been wanting to try Herbivore products for a while now, and I am so glad that I did! I have been using the Lapis oil at night for a few weeks now and I love it. I feel like my skin has calmed way the fuck down, since my hormones are still out of whack post partum. And I’ve used the Blue Tansy mask a couple of times and I love how soft it leaves my skin. It’s a real miracle worker!
3. Invisibobble – My Mother bought a pack for my daughter because she hates hair ties, and she doesn’t really like these either, she just really hates her hair up. I’m convinced she is a metal head and prefers her hair in her face. Anyway, I use them and I love them! They are super comfortable to wear, they don’t pull my hair and they shrink back to original size after use. And they come in a million colours!
4. It’s Supertime – This is the cooking show for my generation, it’s a Viceland show and it has everything someone my age could ever want, swearing, food I actually want to eat and a tatted up no nonsense chef. The fajitas episode is hilarious!
I’m looking forward to February, winter will be closer to being over, I have a long weekend coming up and a Bridal Shower to attend! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Ride by LDR
It’s pretty wild that August is over, I don’t know where the summer went, but it just about gone! September is usually a pretty busy month for me. My Father’s birthday, my birthday, a couple of friend’s have birthdays, a wedding, and our little girl will be 10 months! I’m tired already just thinking about it… Anyway, even though August flew, I did manage to enjoy a couple of things!
- Yoga – I’ve been an on and off quasi yogi for several years and I gotta say, I didn’t always love it, but the older and hopefully wiser I get the more I appreciate it’s benefits. I have a dedicated post about yoga in the works, I just need time to photograph some poses, which will happen one day, hopefully one day soon, because I’d really like to share some of my favourite poses!
- 30 Rock – J and I started watching this show recently and it’s freaking fantastic! It’s smart, and funny, and has a lot of nerdy pop culture references, Tina Fey is always hilarious and Alec Baldwin is perfect as Jack. It’s definitely worth a watch!
- Khiel’s now at Sephora – THIS. IS. HUGE. I am in love with a few of their products and I am so happy that I can now get them from Sephora, since I buy most of my skincare and beauty products from there. Hello, November, I have a large order to place!
- Lush maxi – I got this maxi from the Nordies sale back in July and it was on back order and it just arrived and I love it! It’s really comfy and easy for the cool mornings and evenings we are experiencing in the Hudson Valley.
So now that September is here I am totally looking forward to Autumn, I am so ready to break out my sweaters and wool trousers and my Frye boots. And I’ll be celebrating the last year of my twenties in a few days. But more on that later! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Modern Swinger by The Pink Spiders
It’s hard to believe it, but July like totally flew by! As we look to August I thought I might share some of my favourite things!!
- The Nordstrom Anniversary sale – The biggest and best Nordies sale of the year, where else can you get in season new items up to 40% off? Two words: No where! Because of my low/no buy initiative that I try to follow, I bought things that I needed and a couple to clearance splurges. You can see what I picked up (here)
- Lust For Life – LDR’s latest record dropped, it’s worth a listen or two! You can check my take on the record (here).
- Nars Orgasm Lip Gloss– I have been using this gloss instead of a lipstick since I used up my whole tube of MAC VIVA Glam VI, I wanted something lighter for Summer, and I had a mini tube from a point perk. I like the light coverage, and the formula isn’t sticky.
- Game of Thrones – It’s here, Winter is here, and some major shit is about to go down! If you haven’t watched this show yet you should probably binge watch it and prepare to be blown away it has everything you need in a show: dragons, death, sociopaths, war, magic, and ice zombies among other things. The show is now in it’s seventh season and I can see some big things happening soon!
- Harney & Sons tea – My Head Teller (God bless her) loves this brand of tea, and tries almost all of them, the Japanese Sencha and Chinese Flower were two that weren’t her cup of tea #punsointended, so she gave me the tins. They are a bit expensive, but through amazon you can get big bags of loose tea! And sometimes its better to have the loose tea.
This post was very, very late because my laptop died… With my whole life on it. J is trying to salvage what he can, but as it stands my blog back up, novel, a few screenplays, countless songs and pictures are gone. Not to mention all of the years I have been collecting images and funny gifs… So stay tuned for updates, they might be even more irregular for a little bit until I sort out my life. And, on that not it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Godzilla by Kesha
June was a pretty good month overall, J had his birthday, our little girl seven months! And Summer officially started, so today I am sharing some of my favourite things!
- Alex Pop! by Funko – J and I have a slight issue with Funko products, mainly the Pop!s, but I mean how can you not? They are just too stinking cute. I recently acquired Alex, for those not in the know he is the main character of the book and film A Clockwork Orange. Basically he is a functioning sociopath hopped up on Miloko, seeking Ultra-Violence (yes, that’s where LDR got her album title from), and singing show tunes in the rain. This Pop! is probably my favourite, he sits on my desk at work and only 2 or 3 people have gotten the reference. He is temporarily out of stock at Entertainment Earth where I primarily get these sort f things, but I’ve seen lots at Toys R Us and Barnes and Noble.
- Beauty and the Beast (2017) – This has to be my favourite film of 2017, and I think I can come out and say it since the year is half over. There hasn’t been a movie in recent memory that I have been more excited to see and enjoyed so much. You can check my review of the film (here).
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask – I got this face mask from my last Sephora order and I waited to use it, I wanted to finish my GlamGLOW SuperMUD first, that mask started to not work so well for me. So I was looking for something different and I like the Boscia brand. This mask is super cool because after it dries you peel it off!
- Sundress weather – Now that it’s officially summer my sundresses have been in heavy rotation. I’m also still on my maxi dress kick! A dress is so easy for S/S and since becoming a mom I need easy!
- J. Crew Martie pant – Recently MIL took me shopping as a gift for my first official Mother’s Day and because she forgot my birthday (which I totally forgave her). I really needed to get some new clothes for work, because a lot of my pants and more fitted clothes still do not fit appropriately. I picked up two pairs of this style back in May and I have been living in them! I already had a pair from my pre-pregnancy days and I’m glad I picked up cloud grey and black. Right now select colours are on sale.
It’s hard to believe that June is over… Where the hell is this year going? Our Little Girl will be 8 months next week, Summer is in full effect, work is crazy and won’t stop anytime soon. Here’s to July and some sparklers and streamers! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Oh Say Can You See by LDR
April has ended and it’s time again to share some of my favourite things! After March was a month of highs and lows, I hadn’t been feeling well for a while which mainly attributed to the lows. I was ready to have a better month.
- Spring clothes – I have been waiting all Winter to break out my S/S wardrobe. Let’s just say we are going to be seeing a lot of red, white, and blue! Not to mention my affinity for cute sundresses. I am also going to be #gettingnauti, on the regular, with all of the nautical pieces I have been collecting throughout the years.
- My hair is growing out! OMG, it is still very in between, and nowhere near where I would like it to be lengthwise. But, still I couldn’t be happier! And this growth is just in time to play with some cute S/S styles, like hello! Cute braids are just the remedy for my crazy/frizzy/wavy hair that will inevitably rule my hair during the warmer months!
- Google Calendar – I recently started to schedule my posts and my life in a more concise way, in Google calendar and let me just say, it has been a miracle! I even went so fair as to get the app for my iPhone6 Plus to stay on top of my organization on the go.
- Fleece PJ pants – All Winter long I have been living in flannel and fleece pajamas. And now that it’s starting to really warm up (and stay warm) it’s time to sadly, start putting them away. And my sister bought me this awesome pair of Jack Skellington pair.
- Saoirse Ronan’s Oscar look – I mentioned this look in my Best Dressed Oscar post (you can read it here). I loved her look, that Calvin Klein dress looked amazing on her. It’s green, covered in sequins, a deep v-neck, a low back, just gorgeous. But what stole the look for me were the earrings. The mix matched Chopard pair featured one pearl earring and one emerald. They were a perfect mix of class and sass.
And now that we are moving more into Spring I also can’t wait to take advantage of the nice weather. There will be some outdoor activities for sure. There is so much to do in the area, we just never think to explore any of them. This changes this season. And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Soak Up the Sun by Sheryl Crow