Following suit from last year I thought I would share some of my favourite beauty from 2017. Which for me was a year of using up a lot of my stash and only rebuying what worked well for me. I’ve been focusing more on skincare, again my needs are shifting. My main concerns are dryness and anti-aging. I have some sun spots, some fine lines and the occasional blemishes. Here are some of the products that I tried this year.
Boscia Black Luminizing Mask – This is the second Boscia product that I’ve tried. I really like it. I will typically use this mask in conjunction with my Fresh Rose Mask. I like that it makes my skin feel smoother and firmer.
Fresh Rose Mask – I’ve used this mask on and off for the past few years. I find that it really helps calm my skin down when it is irritated.
Tony Moly Sheet Masks – I love, love, love these sheet masks, there is one for every concern. My favourite in the skin purifying and the strawberry nose pack.
Clinique Mascara – Since I have let go my Diorshow obsession due to the price point I have fallen for this mascara. I have tried so many mascaras over the past few years that have ranged in price and quality. This one is by far the best. It doesn’t run or flake, it stays put all day.
Tweezerman tweezers – I waited a long time before I finally invested in a set of high quality tweezers. They have a great weight to them and they are sharp as hell. I won’t need to sharpen them any time soon.
Drinking a shit ton of water – I am usually very good about keeping up on my fluid intake, but it’s easier said than done. One of my employees bought me a new water bottle for Christmas, so now I really have no excuse.
2018 will be a year to try new skin care, drink more water, and try to loose some weight. I’m looking forward to the year ahead, and there is a lot to look forward to! J’s really good friend is getting married, I’m going to turn 30 this year and our Little Girl is officially in toddler territory! And on that note it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Bel Air by LDR
I have been away for a while, mainly because the transition into motherhood has been a challenge, meaning it’s the hardest and most rewarding thing I’ve ever done in my life. I have also been adjusting to my new position as Branch Supervisor at work.
But the reason we have gathered here today is to speak about the Sephora VIB sale. I carefully curated my order for several days. I mainly went with products I’ve used before, with a couple of new buys.
- Rosebud Salve – I went with the minted version after three tins of regular. I love everything mint and I am hoping this is no different.
- Clinique Take Off the Day Cleansing Balm – I tried a deluxe sample of this and I love it! It really melts away my makeup. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a full size.
- Boscia Luminizing Mask – I have been looking for a new clearing mask for awhile now, GlamGlow SuperMud is no longer cutting it for me. I’m excited to try this because it’s a peel off mask.
- Shishiedo Sun Screen – I used the wet force version last summer or I should say my Husband did, and I needed some more, I’m looking forward to trying this version.
- Sephora Makeup Remover – I really like this product I’ve been using it for a while now, I feel it works well and it’s a great value for the money.
- Clarisonic Repalcement heads – I have been using the delicate brushes for a few years now and I feel they work well for my sensitive skin. The sensitive brushes were too harsh, I’m glad I switched.
- L’Occitane Immortelle Eye Balm – I have used a ton of different eye creams and gels and this is the one. It’s “balmy” and delicate, the scent is light and the moisturizing power is top notch.
- Clinique Mascara – I used this mascara before, I liked it, it was a basic tubular formula. I went back mainly for the price and I’m hoping round two is enjoyable.
- First Aid Beauty Moisturizer – I’ve never used this branch before but I have been wanting to try this. Since giving birth my skin is no longer the same and I’m hoping going back to a more traditional moisturizer will help.
That rounds out my Sephora order, I went with a light order, I tend to go big with the Autumn sale. I’m looking forward to getting my order in the next few days.
I’m hoping to get back into posting on a more regular basis, it’s been an interesting few months and everyday has been a journey, an amazing crazy journey. And on that note it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from:Love by LDR