So glad to be back making playlists, it’s one of my favourite things to do monthly. This year I thought I’d keep with the themes, this month we are in true season fashion, something that affects many people who reside in regions with harsh winters. We’re talking Seasonal Affective Disorder… Up in my neck of the woods in the Hudson Valley, we have been experiencing very frigid temperatures and a considerable amount of snow. And it’s still only January… ugh, we have another month or so of this nonsense…
Anyway on to the playlist. This one is very reflective of my mood, it’s been a really down time the past few months and it can be hard to shake the feeling.
- Life in a Northern Town – The Dream Academy
- Romeo and Juliet – The Killers (The original by Dire Straits is great too)
- Ghost of You – My Chemical Romance
- Mary Queen of Arkansas – Bruce Springsteen
- Build God, Then We’ll Talk – Panic At The Disco!
- Dark Blue – Jack’s Mannequin
- Black Beauty – Lana Del Rey
- December is for Cynics – The Matches
- Forget December – Something Corporate
- If Winter Ends – Bright Eyes
Again this list is pretty “down” but it’s got a few great tracks on here. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I went with a remake… Just give it a listen, Brandon Flower’s voice is amazing on this track. The first time I heard it I froze. Of course there is some LDR and Bruce. Not to mention the early 00s EMO gems that I still listen to on occasion. I have been on a Something Corporate kick lately. Maybe it’s the SAD, that let’s the EMO do the talking. And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Romeo and Juliet by The Killers