I like my millennial counterparts have been swept up in a resurgence of Pokemon fever thanks to Pokemon Go. Needless to say I am a little addicted. It’s basically the way the old Game Boy games should have been… If the technology could have been a good at the time.
For those of you not in the know, Pokemon Go is a game that allows users to catch Pokemon in the real world using AR or Augmented Reality. Which is pretty much the coolest, because Pikachu is right in front of you, or sitting next to you on the couch.
Now there have been many reports of people getting mugged, assaulted, car wrecks and even dead bodies being discovered. Now, I don’t know what reports are legitimate but some scary stuff has happened as an on set of the game. Here are some of my tips for playing safely, so you can catch them all!
- Don’t catch Pokemon and drive. I can’t believe that in 2016 this is a foreign concept. The point of the game is to find Pokemon in the world. So put your phone down, park your car and go for a walk. But if you must drive, pull over safely, or have a passenger play for you.
- Don’t play in areas you don’t know. There is nothing worse then not knowing where you are and staring down at your phone that cost at least a couple hundred dollars. This could be dangerous, you could be mugged, assaulted, or worse. And also maybe don’t play alone. Use the buddy system people!
- If playing at night wear light coloured clothing. This would be the perfect time to break out that super old Pikachu tee, not only will it be very in, but the bright yellow allows you to be seen when it is dark.
- Look both ways before you cross the street. In fact maybe be alert at all times, and if you just can’t break away from your phone, maybe bring a friend who is not to keen on the game to be your eyes and ears so you can finally catch that Charizard.
- Have fun, that’s the point!
The other day I caught a Jigglypuff and it was super awesome! I know I probably won’t catch all the Pokemon, but I enjoy the game. Especially when better ones start showing up. I, like many I am sure, are so over the Pidgeys, Weedles, and Rattatas. But I do enjoy walking around and finding some cool stuff. And on that note it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Pokemon Theme Song