This month we are exploring some of my favourite music from high school. I listened to a lot of EMO/Punk/Alt Rock/Rock mostly from the late 90s and early 00s. A lot of these songs I listen to all of the time, and some I haven’t heard in forever.
1. I’m Not Okay (I Promise) – My Chemical Romance
2. Parker Lewis Can’t Lose – Fall Out Boy
3. Polished and Poisoned – Monty Are I
4. You’re So Last Summer – Taking Back Sunday
5. Jesus Christ – Brand New
6. Daddy’s Little Defect – Sugarcult
7. Cigarette Song – Yellowcard
8. The Calendar Hung Itself – Bright Eyes
9. Gives You Hell – The All American Rejects
10. A Favor House Atlantic – Coheed and Cambria
11. Space – Something Corporate
12. You Charlatan – Project Rocket
13. Stuck On You – The Reunion Show
14. I Won’t Spend Another Night Alone – The Ataris
15.Almost – Bowling For Soup
16. Mass Pike – The Get Up Kids
17. Blue and Yellow – The Used
18. Thrash Unreal – Against Me
19. Catalina – The Descendents
20. Lemon-Aid – Gob
A lot of this music just spoke to me when I was an angsty teen. I had blue hair, pyramid stud belts, mix matched earrings and a wide array of concert tees. I was mad at the world, myself and my life. Music was my escape, I felt free and home. This month I went a bit over board with my selections, but there is so much more that I wanted to share. And On that note, it’s time to end! Happy listening.
All for now,
Title from: Trash Unreal by Against Me!