This month we are exploring some of my favourite music from high school. I listened to a lot of EMO/Punk/Alt Rock/Rock mostly from the late 90s and early 00s. A lot of these songs I listen to all of the time, and some I haven’t heard in forever.
1. I’m Not Okay (I Promise) – My Chemical Romance
2. Parker Lewis Can’t Lose – Fall Out Boy
3. Polished and Poisoned – Monty Are I
4. You’re So Last Summer – Taking Back Sunday
5. Jesus Christ – Brand New
6. Daddy’s Little Defect – Sugarcult
7. Cigarette Song – Yellowcard
8. The Calendar Hung Itself – Bright Eyes
9. Gives You Hell – The All American Rejects
10. A Favor House Atlantic – Coheed and Cambria
11. Space – Something Corporate
12. You Charlatan – Project Rocket
13. Stuck On You – The Reunion Show
14. I Won’t Spend Another Night Alone – The Ataris
15.Almost – Bowling For Soup
16. Mass Pike – The Get Up Kids
17. Blue and Yellow – The Used
18. Thrash Unreal – Against Me
19. Catalina – The Descendents
20. Lemon-Aid – Gob
A lot of this music just spoke to me when I was an angsty teen. I had blue hair, pyramid stud belts, mix matched earrings and a wide array of concert tees. I was mad at the world, myself and my life. Music was my escape, I felt free and home. This month I went a bit over board with my selections, but there is so much more that I wanted to share. And On that note, it’s time to end! Happy listening.
All for now,
Title from: Trash Unreal by Against Me!
Today I am sharing a Spring ensemble that is just darling. I would totally rock this! I can also see Zooey Deschanel or Lily Collins wearing it too! The classic black an white combination is one that I love. I can’t get enough of it all year round.
This dress sort of has a Wednesday Addams thing going on, which I am totally all about! And I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Charlotte Olympia shoes are TDF! I really want a pair, like in the worst way! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Young and Beautiful by LDR
Today marks our fourth wedding anniversary, and although not a lot has changed, enough has. As for me, I switched jobs late last year, have been blogging for over two years, and I’ve set a ton of personal goals. For J not a lot has changed. He is like a rock, unchanging, unwavering, not a lot phases him… For the most part that can be really good, especially when I feel like I am in a constant cyclone of writing, photo shoots, and boring work stuff. And now we are expecting our first child late this year! As I did last year I thought I might share some photos from our wedding. Mainly because I never did get around to creating an album, it’s on the ever growing to do list, but it never gets checked off. A lot of the photos are of me (So, so, so sorry, J doesn’t like his photo taken too often, so I don’t share them).
There you have it, another peak into our wedding. It’s really hard to believe that it was four years ago already! Time really flies! There is so much that I am looking forward to over the next year, and I can’t wait to hit five years! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Stand By Me by Ben E. King
Everyday I am getting closer and closer to the half way mark in my pregnancy, and the part where J and I can find out what kind of human I’m growing. Even though J swears it’s a boy… So I thought I would share some pros and cons to my pregnancy.
I’ll start with the positive, since it’s probably good to be positive.
- I haven’t gained that much weight yet– I know I have a lot more to go, but the fiveish pounds I’ve gained so far really aren’t that bad.
- I’m eating better and more often. I’m eating a big breakfast everyday, healthy snacks and trying to eat more complete meals.
- I’m exercising when I feel up to it. Exercising is usually a chore for me, but if I can do a little that’s better than nothing.
- My digestive issues haven’t really been issues of late, I call that a win!
And now the not so great:
- My regular clothes are really starting not to fit, thank you maternity pants. Even though the extra fabric is super itchy and annoying…
- I’m craving everything I shouldn’t be eating. Like I would love a spicy tuna roll, a turkey sub, a red eye, wine, tequila, Champagne, and Brie. But I know it wouldn’t be worth it in the end.
- I am tired all of the time, like falling asleep between 8 and 9 is now a normal night for me. Getting up in the middle of the night, then being wide awake, or feeling like I didn’t even sleep are the norm for me.
- My back hurts all of the time, I am getting headaches from lack of caffeine and it is driving me nuts.
All in all it hasn’t been too bad so far, I just wish I felt better, according to everything I’m reading I should start to feel better and I’m not really. My pants don’t really fit and that sucks, but most of my dresses still fit so that gives me a lot of options, for now. And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Cecilia and the Satellite by Andrew McMahon
When Spring starts to turn to Summer, it’s time for shorter hemlines, lighter colours, vacations, and beach days. And one summer essential that will never go out is shorts. I will be the first to admit that I don’t get to wear a lot of them, and I don’t own all that many.
I’m really loving the denim shorts, I haven’t owned a pair in a really long time, and I know they would be the perfect addition to my small but significant short collection. I’m also in love with this polka dotted pair. I am loving patterned shorts/pants/skirts right now! And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Salvatore by LDR