2015 was a year of exploration in the beauty world for me. I tried so many things some good, like Nars satin lip pencil in Rikugien, L’Occitane Immotelle eye balm, Philosophy Purity Made Simple. Some bad like Lancome Visionnaire, Benefit BadGal mascara, Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve eye gel. And the ugly like Nars All Day Luminous Powder foundation, Benefit They’re Real mascara, and Wen. With all of the products I tried, I spent a lot of money and energy trying to find products that work well for me. And I’ve got my routine down pretty well… Now. My last big splurge on something new was Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil, which is amazing. I’m sharing some of my favourite new obsessions from this year. Some are major splurges, while others are more reasonable. Here are my must haves that I tried this year.
1. Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil – I had been wanting to try this face oil for a while and I am so glad that I did. I love how it smells, it is a midweight oil that absorbs quickly, and I feel it is mild for my sensitive skin. I feel like I have had good results, my fine lines are not as noticeable, my crows feet are subsiding, and I’m not getting as many blemishes (always a plus!).
2. Beauty Blender – This little pink sponge is a magical miracle. Not only has it changed the way I apply my foundation, but it’s made the process way easier. I strongly recommend this little wonder sponge to everyone.
3. Besame Violet Brightening Powder – This setting powder is by far my favourite. It brightens and gives my skin a matte natural look that I am head over heels for. And did I mention it smells divine? Because it smells amazing!
4. Philosophy Microdelvery – I started using this exfoliating scrub mid year and I love it. It is gentile and effective. I really enjoy using it. I can’t see using anything else for my exfoliating purposes.
5. Nars Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base – I was not expecting much when I first tried this product, and I was blown away. Not only did my eye shadow stay put through 11 hours, but it didn’t crease or melt off. I was sold after using it once. There are many similar products but This one really takes the cake.
There are so many products that I use and have used over the past few years. I’ve decided to tone it down for 2016. I have spent a lot of time and money on trying to find products that work for me. I don’t need to make Rouge in April, or even re-qualify. I am looking forward to using up what I have and only repurchasing what is necessary. And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Atlantic City by Bruce Springsteen (Watch out my Jersey is showing!)