I’ve mentioned before that Christmas is not my forte. I am pretty bad when it comes to wrapping presents. When I do my Christmas shopping I almost always splurge on a couple of things for myself that may or may not end up under the tree. I do enjoy holiday baking… More on that soon, I promise. And when it comes to getting into the holiday spirit, well I prefer to let my “friends” EMO and Punk Rock help me out. My Christmas playlist is not for the faint of heart or easily offended. It’s raw, in your face, and there may or may not be some swearing involved. So without further adieu, here is my 2015 Christmas play list:
1. All I Want for Christmas is You – My Chemical Romance – Just as hauntingly beautiful as Mariah Carey but more screaming! Check it out if you loved The Black Parade.
2. 12 Days of Christmas – Relient K – A wee bit more on the traditional side, since it’s coming from a Christian band, still great none the less.
3. Yule Shoot You’re Eye Out – Fall Out Boy – One of my favourites, and even a few of my holiday season post titles have come from this early 00s EMO gem.
4. Christmas Song – Bedlight for blueEYES – They’re from Jersey, I’m from Jersey, I know they town they are singing about, and it’s funny as hell, what’s not to love?
5. Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Bruce Springsteen – One of my OG faves, again the Jersey Girl in me is showing. But how awesome is it the he will play this song in the middle of summer sometimes? And Clarence saying Ho Ho Ho? #fugitaboutit
6. I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus – Standstill – One of the funnier offerings on A Santa Cause compilation. If you’re not easily offended it’s worth a listen.
7. Forget December – Something Corporate – Something Corporate is one of my favourite bands by far, and this in one of my favourite Christmas Songs, it’s perfect for super cynical peeps, just like me.
8. Christmas in Hollis – The AKAs – Now let me preface that the Run DMC original is really badass. This version is even more synthesized, and it gets punked out, and I love it! It would be a great holiday time karaoke song.
9. I’ll Be Home For Christmas – Matchbook Romance – A great song, and a great version. I still love the fact that when I was at The CU, the lead singer was in our IT dept. Still so cool!
10. Santa’s Got a Mullet – Nerf Herder – If they were not drunk while recording this song then I don’t know how they got through recording it! It’s hilarious, and a true must listen. So many great parts!
What ever your music preference is all that matters is you enjoy the holidays! My way of getting into the holiday spirit is a little out of the norm admittedly… And on that note, it’s time to end! Merry Christmas! #bemerry
All for now,
Title from: All I Want For Christmas is You by My Chemical Romance