200, How did I get to 200 posts? I feel like it was just yesterday that I started this blog and five minutes ago I shared my 100th. A lot has changed since my hundredth post. I switched jobs, celebrated a major holiday, and we look forward to another. So for my 200th post I decided to do something a little different. I’m going to share some facts about me, most of which regular readers of B@K’s will have known most of.
1. Kiki is just a nickname my Mom gave me, we both loved the movie America’s Sweethearts, that’s where she got it from.
2. My birthday is in September, making it my favourite month. It also makes me a Virgo.
3. I love to read, currently it’s Lolita by Nabokov.
4. I drink entirely too much coffee, I prefer it black with a shot of espresso, which is called a Red Eye.
5. I have quite a large collection of sweaters (over 50).
6. I follow Formula 1, my favourite driver is Sebastian Vettel, he races for Ferrari.
7. I am definitely a dog person.
8. I love the ocean, growing up close to it was an amazing experience.
9. My eyes are green, and I’m the only member of my family that has them.
10. I am a big fan of music, right now my favourites are: LDR, The Beatles, The Clash, Brand New, Fleetwood Mac, Paul Simon, The Killers, Glassjaw, and Three.
11. I collect U.S. currency, some coins and bills. My favourite coin is the Mercury Dime.
12. I really miss my long hair.
13. My favourite Bond is Sean Connery.
14. I’m a really big dork, I love: Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Star Trek, Game of Thrones and Super Hero films.
15. I really like Scotch, preferably Gelnfiddich. Neat.
16. Strawberry is my favourite ice cream, with chocolate chip mint being a close second.
17. If I watched one film on repeat it would be 10 Things I Hate About You.
18. I only wear Chanel no. 5.
19. I collect Fiestaware, my favourite colour is Juniper.
20. If I could have one meal for the rest of my life it would be sushi: Eel roll, sweet potato roll, and tuna sushi. All washed down with hot sake.
21. Benjamin Franklin is my favourite founding father.
22. I wrote for my high school newspaper, The Spirit, and I kept every issue.
23. Writing has always been a big part of my life, second would be fashion.
24. I haven’t eaten fast food since 2007.
25. I love my Ugg boots and I’m not ashamed to admit it!
26. I love lipsticks. I’m living in Nars Gipsy right now.
27. I am a brunette, but I have had blue, red, black, and blonde hair.
28. Autumn is my favourite season.
29. If I could travel anywhere in the world I would go to Monaco first, then England second.
30. Audrey Hepburn, Jackie O., Grace Kelly, Kate Middleton, and Lana Del Rey are my fashion icons.
31. I love musicals, my favourite is The Sound of Music.
32. If I could only listen to one song it would be Hallelujah, I prefer the Jeff Buckley version.
33. My favourite film as a child was The Last Unicorn, I was obsessed with unicorns.
34. My favourite colours are Tiffany Blue, Hunter Green, Navy, Oxblood, and Grey.
35. My favourite patterns include: Polka dots, Stripes, Houndstooth, and Tartan.
36. My favourite books are Catcher in the Rye, Les Miserable, and A Clockwork Orange.
37. When I have had a bad day I listen to Paradise by LDR, Ride and Blue Velvet are amazing.
38. My favourite stores are J. Crew, Sephora, Nordstrom, and Tiffany and Co.
39. My biggest splurge were my Manolo Blahnik Fever pumps. I paid full retail… But they were so worth it.
40. When I listen to music I prefer vinyl. Yeah, I’m a music snob.
41. My favourite fashion designers are Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Saint Laurent, DVF, and Dior.
42. I love red velvet and carrot cake, mainly the cream cheese icing.
43. If I wear earrings they are typically mix matched.
44. My favourite holiday is Thanksgiving. I love spending time with my family and sharing a delicious meal together.
45. J and I went to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter for our honeymoon and a wand chose me.
46. I am addicted to Buzzfeed quizzes.
47. Roswell, Charmed, were my two favourite T.V. shows. As far as shows that are still on T.V. I love Supernatural, Castle, Doctor Who, Limitless and Game of Thrones.
48. My favourite article of clothing would be my Asos sleeveless midi dress. It is the most versatile piece I own.
49. My favourite junk food is Salt and Vinegar potato chips.
50. I’m extremely clumsy, I walk into things, fall down, and drop things all the time.
So there you have it, yet another hundred posts under my belt. And some more insight into all that is Kiki! I hope to make it to the next hundred. And on that note, it’s time to end.
All for now,
Title from: Kayleigh by Marillion