This month, September, has been very rough. Work has been hard. Very hard, and will continue to be so. We’ve celebrated three birthdays this month. Mine included. I’ve kept the posts light this month, while trying to cope with the stress of work, the stress of my birthday and the stress of seasons changing.
So I week after turning 27 I’m sharing the top five things I’ve learned about being 27. I may not be an expert on adulting, but I’d like to think that in my now 27 years I’ve learned a thing or two.
1. Getting older is actually kind of cool – Yeah, I have a few grey hairs that have sprouted, a few fine lines here and there, some creaks when I move, and the dreaded crow’s feet, but there is just something liberating about getting older. I feel more free, and sure of myself. This new found confidence is just what I needed, I’m just sad I found it at 27, and not sooner.
2. It’s okay if you’re still finding yourself – I am finally getting to the point where I am happy with where I am and what I am doing. I have a great husband and I know who I am. But it’s totally cool if you don’t. You can still figure that out.
3. Tastes change – I have talked at length about my personal style, and how it has evolved. As I have gotten older, my tastes have definitely changed, and I’d like to think they changed for the better. So don’t dwell on the faux pas you may have made in the passed, learn and grow.
4. Pizza and tacos are still really great – I try to eat healthy and be an adult, but there is nothing better than pizza or tacos for dinner. And there is also nothing wrong with it either.
5. Being happy – Something that can be the hardest, no one is happy all of the time, but if you can be happy most of the time you tend to feel a whole heck of a lot better.
Things should be calming down soon, so I hope to get back on track and share some Autumn activities, fashion and some reviews of the new products I got from my last Sephora haul. And on that note, it’s time to end.
All for now,