Lately I have been having a hard time staying motivated. Whether it’s work, or home life I have been in an awful rut. So I pose the question, how do you stay motivated when the odds are against you? Here are some of my go to tips to get back on top of my game.
Whether you were passed up for a promotion (something I have experienced recently), have a big deadline, or maybe a big company change (something else I am currently dealing with)… It’s enough to make anyone scream, get overwhelmed ,and stress out; And when that happens motivation can go way down. So instead of freaking out, stare adversity in the face.
1. Positivity – I try to be super positive at work, just like the next guy, but sometimes it can be too much. But even though it can be hard if you can stay positive others around you will pick up on your good vibes.
2. Work harder – Stress and adversity make me cringe, so to combat that feeling, I work my butt off. And the people who matter with see the hard work and effort you put in.
3. (This may sound shallow) Put on an amazing ensemble – Whether your dress code is more professional, business casual, or creative, I find nothing makes me feel better than wearing something amazing and the right shoes (of course). When I feel like I can take on the world, I do take on the world!
4. Help others – I am in a lead position at my company, so I am always helping the staff with questions, and members. It can be though, aside from my tasks that I have to accomplish on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Sometimes it can be tough to focus when I am asked the same questions a few times a day. But If I can help the staff and explain things in a way that sticks, then I did my job.
5. Take a break – Whether it’s five minutes to the water cooler or a long weekend, sometimes we just need a break. Time to unwind and recharge the batteries can be just what you need to get back on track.
Please share some of your tips on staying motivated at work, or in life. I’m always reading fellow bloggers posts on the subject and I find them tremendously helpful. And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Big Bad Wolf by LDR