Soon, very soon it will be September, and that means my birthday! This year the countdown to 27… all that means to me is three years until 30… I won’t have a nervous breakdown just yet, I promise. Anyway this year for my wishlist I’m hoping to be a little more optimistic. Here are a few things that would be awesome for turning 27!
1. Drybar Dirty Martini kit – What it is: Drybar 3 Day Bender 1.25″ curling iron, full size Mai Tai, and full size Triple Sec. If investing in a professional curling iron was anything like investing in a professional blow dryer than sign me up! Best part, this set is only $14 more than if you were to buy only the curling iron.
2. Guerlain Meteorites Powder in Clair 02 – I am an avid review reader and this illuminating face powder seems to be a big hit. I like that the powder is in bead form and the packaging is absolutely adorable, and I think it would look darling on any vanity.
3. Nars Narsissist Matte/Shimmer eye shadow palette – I am a sucker for Nars palettes, ever since I bought my first one in 2008, I still have it, it’s old and gross, but that thing was like $80, and I can’t seem to part with it! I also own and love And God Created the Woman eye palette, which I use the lighter shades during the week for work and I use the darker shades for night time. There are a lot of great looks that can be accomplished with the palette, which I enjoy. But this Narsissist palette is super awesome and I think I can get more use out of it for work looks. I feel like the palettes are a great intro to the brand. But also great for brand loyalists who want to get a range of colours for a great price.
4. Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil – I asked for a sample of this oil when I was at the VIB Rouge event at Sephora. After trying it for a few days, and I still have a decent amount left I am hooked. I like how it smells (after using it for a few days the old grape smell grew on me), and the fact that I don’t need a lot of it. I’m just a wee bit bummed about the price. It’s really expensive, and of course I love it!
5. Valentino Rockstud pump – I wish that I invested in these pumps before they became super popular and went up in price. I have lusted after them since they came out. And now of course I want them so badly! In black please!
6. Dr. Marten’s 1460 W boot – I have wanted a pair of DM combat boots since I knew what combat boots were. I really want two pairs, cherry and black, that way I won’t have to worry about not matching with my ensembles.
7. PLAY Comme des Garcons sweater – I know, I know more sweaters… How could I possibly need yet another? Well I don’t, I’m just a sucker for that little heart/face/whatever it is logo that is just so darling!
8. Elsa Peretti Bone cuff – I know this was on my list last year, but I am still in love with it! I really want the left version in black. I think it’s such a classic piece and would be a perfect addition to my small but tasteful jewelry wardrobe.
9. Burberry Check Scarf – This in camel would be the perfect addition to my black trench and my light blue quilted jacket, both Burberry. And I am a sucker for scarves!
10. Lana Del Rey Honeymoon – There’s no release date as I am writing this post, so I’m hopeful that it will be out by the time my birthday rolls around. I would really like a physical copy of the album, but I’ll settle for digital if I must. I have been on a very evident LDR kick with no signs of stopping (I’m listening to Cola as I’m typing).
11. To have a nice day and hopefully get my braces off! I know that the later is wishful thinking but it would really be nice. I don’t really want to be 27 with braces… And on that note, it’s time to end!
All for now,
Title from: Blue Velvet by LDR